SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4) – The Utah Division of Multicultural Affairs invites communities to apply for upcoming tribal grant opportunities.
According to UDMA, the Biden / Harris administration on June 3 announced a billion dollar investment in tribal grants to expand broadband access across the Indian country.
âAs your organizations prepare for the next tribal grant opportunities, the US Census Bureau is here to provide data resource support. The census, in partnership with the First Nations Development Institute, is hosting a tribal grants summit this week on June 10 at 10 am, âthey share.
Grant organizers say the 2021 Data Summit series is designed for novice data users and aims to provide high-level insight into data products and how data can help organizations and businesses find solutions to various challenges.
Officials say the free event:
- Teach users how to explore data on census.gov
- Provides specific resources for users of tribal grant data
- Examine data resources relating to tribal lands and urban Indian communities
- Have increased knowledge of the vast data products available through the US Census Bureau
- Be better equipped to navigate data and use some of the free online tools and resources
Those interested in registering for the event, click here.